Barking seals are one of the Bay Area’s signature sounds and seal season is upon us from June to October! The Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito is a great place to view these seriously irresistible creatures. The Marine Mammal Center is a local treasure where global ocean conservation is top priority. Their incredible and tireless work includes mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research and education. It’s also a fantastic place to spend an afternoon with your kids. They are open daily 10:00 am – 4:00 pm and no reservations are needed.
For a truly special evening that takes place on just one night of the year, sign up for The Marine Mammal Center’s Seals & Slippers Family Sleepover. At Seals & Slippers, guests are invited to camp under the stars to experience the Marine Mammal Center (and the Marin Headlands) in a whole new and spectacular way; after hours and in a small group setting!
* Education in the Marin Mammal Center’s classroom
* Private nighttime tour of the hospital
* Observe the night crew feeding the animals
* Morning guided hike around Rodeo Lagoon
* Dinner and breakfast
* Friday, October 6, 2017
* Cost: $85/person
* Tickets can be purchased here
* Kids must be at least 6 to attend
* Bring all your own camping gear