The 2018 Napa Valley Film Festival is coming up soon and tickets are now on sale! This 6-day festival combines film with chef demonstrations and fabulous vintner events. With over 90 films to view and endless California wine to be savored, Arrive Marin has all the highlights!
- Date: November 7-11
- Tickets: The festival functions primarily on a system of passes. You can get a 5-day, 3-day or Flex Pass (enabling guests to attend five programs throughout the festival). Purchase passes here.
- Are you glad I’m Here: Directed by Directed by Noor Gharzeddin, this is the story of a Lebanese housewife and a millennial American girl who bridge cultural differences to become friends and share dark secrets.
- Spare Room: A young widow caring for her brother with Down Syndrome is drawn to a mysterious veteran who is renting her spare room.
- Afghan Cycles: A documentary which follows young Afghan women cyclists tells the story of women’s rights and the struggles Afghan women face on a daily basis.
CULINARY DEMONSTRATIONS + WINE TASTINGS
- Chef Melissa King: One of today’s most exciting culinary talents and a Top Chef Finalist.
- Chef Chris Cosentino: Owner of several restaurants including Cockscomb in San Francisco and the newly-opened Jackrabbit in Portland, OR.
- Duckhorn, Fleury, and Castellucci are just a few of over 100 participating vineyards.
WHERE TO STAY
- Vintage House in Yountville is super close to Lincoln Theater where many of the MVFF films will be screened. If you are going with a group, check out the “Villa at the Estate”, a 5-bedroom house with a private pool, hot tub and game room with pool table. Yes, Please!
- Carneros Inn & Spa in Napa is a really special experience. Plus, I’ll do anything to position myself closer to the warm sugary donuts at their Boon Fly Cafe.